Voltage stabiliser

PostPost by: chrishewett » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:11 am

Has anyone fitted one of the solid state voltage stabilisers advertised on ebay to a +2?
I was thinking of buying one and would be grateful for any comments/advice.
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Chris
I've had one fitted to my plus 2 for two years now and can vouch for them,they give a nice stable 10v and have stopped the problems with the oil pressure guage "wandering"(i believe it has something to do with the old regulator being a vibrating contact and the sensor the same-something about harmonics) the output is protected and can be shorted causing no damage to the regulator.
No connection,just a satisfied customer (honest :wink:) ..

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:33 pm

Chris

I have had mine fitted for a week now and so far so good :) All the gauges are working which is a nice change :o

I got mine from ebay but you can get them from Maplins for less than a pound (ask for 10v Voltage Regulator) if you can be bothered to spend a couple of minutes soldering three wires on. I am too lazy so paid the ?7 on ebay. There are some on ebay where the person has soldered the solid state regulator into an old stabiliser casing so it looks original, you could do that if you have the time.

The main benefit for me was you do have to worry about screwing it to the rear of the dash like you do the old ones.

I would recommend them to anyone :D

Jason
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: