Pistachio Convoy !

PostPost by: niallf » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:54 am

The joys of classic Lotus ownership...

Last Monday, travelling back from watching a great collection of 60's & 70's sports cars racing at Castle Combe, spied a Pistachio Elan (S4?) FHC turn on to the UK's Fosse Way a few cars ahead. A few judicious overtakes later, I was behind and greeted with big waves from both driver & passenger. Enjoyed a wonderful few miles turning heads and making on-lookers smile, before I had to turn for home (and fuel). Great moment as we entered the M40/A429 roundabout in parallel, big smiles all round.

That's all really, don't know if the owner reads this forum, but it made a great end to a great day.

Niall
niallf
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: archigator » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:18 pm

Great imagery! If Noah was a car guy, I'm sure he'd have let you both onto the Ark! ...a couple of rare birds there.

Gary
'71 Elan Sprint
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RobCapper » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:29 pm

not my car - although I was there with my light blue +2 too... there was a pistachio +2 there with a metal flake roof... twas indeed a good day. Fantastic to see the GT40 out as well - what a car..

did you see the Ferrari enzo in the car park? That was something else...
RobCapper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: niallf » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:47 pm

RobCapper wrote:not my car - although I was there with my light blue +2 too... there was a pistachio +2 there with a metal flake roof... twas indeed a good day. Fantastic to see the GT40 out as well - what a car..

did you see the Ferrari enzo in the car park? That was something else...

Pistachio +2 was me, yes the Enzo was quite stunning.

Cheers,

Niall
niallf
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: