Electric Push Fan Recommendations

PostPost by: bast0n » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Brian - I had the pulleys turned up to my design using old pulleys as a guide. The belt driving the water pump needs no adjustment as it was chosen from a cast of thousands to be an exact fit. To change it I would have to remove the pump pulley, but as it now has so little work to do it will probably see me out! I can send you the belt spec if you would like. All pulleys are to standard radii. Incidentally I tried toothed belts on custom pulleys and they flew off at anything over 6000 rpm and I had to fit a catcher so that I could refit it on the hoof. David
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: handi_andi » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 pm

For anyone considering the two fan option or just a solution to adding a decent fan switch I just came across this in my search for a nice solution. http://www.x-eng.co.uk/X-Store.asp?SL=38

Am considering ordering one although might just go for the sensor, which is meant to be capable of switching up to 17Amps without a relay, although not convinced.

Cheers

Andy
Live life to the fullest - that's why I own a Lotus
handi_andi
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Shiny_kit » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 pm

I've just fitted one of those sensors - new full width rad, bought an M22 boss and had it fitted to the top of the rad. Very pleased with it, I'm using the lower of the two fan ranges.
1968 Plus Two
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
Shiny_kit
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:49 am

For those of you who do not wish to alter your radiator to fit a fan thermostat this jobber is well worth a look. It controls extremely accurately and comes with a relay. Some fans have a very high starting amperage so it is best to protect switches etc. It is available from http://www.demontweeks.co.uk under fan controller. Incidentally the hose/exhaust what have you clips I use are Mikalor - fantastic!

All the best and don't grow up too quickly.........David

jsf_Thermostat.01.jpg and
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: