Dip beam converters

PostPost by: 69S4 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 am

trw99 wrote:Alex, it occurs to me you are missing something. That is a GPS positioner fitted to the car which will allow all of us here to follow your every move. That would include counting how many wrong turns you make, whether you get to the correct entrance to the circuit and how far you have to walk to your tent.

Reckon you can arrange all that?

Tim

Do you mean that after all of Alex's prep he hasn't got one of these fitted http://www.findmespot.eu/en/ :lol: :lol:
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 am

From my last trip overseas,left the outline in place for future use,just fill in with black tape...

John :wink:
Attachments
2004_0211rhdriving0001.JPG and
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you guys like!!

We did have an ELT fitted to our Grumman AA5 which fortunately never got used :wink: Never thought of using a locator other than for security & the thought of all you lot following my every move fills me with dread!!

The Garmin routing GPS in the car is great though. Would not go anywhere without it. We have toured quite a lot in Europe and never needed to look at a map. Brilliant. And the odd GPS mystery tour is great fun, and sometimes responsible for amazing 'happenings'. We followed one route with 8 bikes and 16 people right into someones farm yard in the middle of Germany, The occupier would not hear of us leaving without feeding and watering us all. He was amazing and was sorry to see us all go, which was a few hours later. Good job we were in no rush.

Happy days... We have everything sorted now. Just that GB sticker to find a position for, which might well be in the boot methinks!!

Thanks again chaps..

Alex..... 8)

John..Thanks for the tip.... Its a good one... & Tim.. Do I look like a happy camper?... Tent! That will be shining bright!!
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Stuck the GB sticker on...Does one think Les Flick will be ok with its position? Its either there or in the boot. :?

Alex.... 8) :lol: :lol:
Attachments
001.JPG and
Bloody well do me!!
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:03 am

Don't know about the plod, but looks cool to me. Nessie doesn't seem too sure though! :lol:

Cheers, have a good one

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Heuer » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 am

You will be fine with the location. As I said I never use one (if stopped I will claim the 'magetique' one must have fallen off because I was going so fast!). You can even put it on the boot lid above the LOTUS. I do have one of these in the glove compartment if needs must: http://tinyurl.com/36oa39t - ?2.50 off eBay - small, matching, classic, self-adhesive vinyl.

About the only time I have heard the French Police stopping cars for not having GB stickers is at the Spanish/French border on cars entering the country and that was a local initiative. "Was there, fell off but I have a spare in the boot" will let you get away with it. in the highly unlikely event you are stopped.
Elan S4 DHC
E-Type S1 OTS
E-Type S1 FHC
Heuer
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: