Need original tach inductive winding bracket

PostPost by: toggle45 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:09 pm

It screws to the vertical post on the back and provides the structure for winding the wire from coil to distributor, creating the inductive tach pickup. While reassembling the dash, I find my original bracket has gone missing.

If you have upgraded your tach or have an extra bracket, please PM me with price. Thx.
Weldon
the dreaded PO himself
toggle45
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Sorry Weldon, I already gave mine away to another forum member with the same issue. For anyone rewiring their car, it is easy to inadvertently toss this fitting as it typically remains attached to the old loom wire by the plastic retaining piece. .

Anyway, I was trying to find a picture of the part you need, and came across this nicely done repair guide for the old Smiths tachs. Page 6 has a couple of good pictures, and some suggestions on making one if you can?t get the original.

http://www.triumphclub.co.nz/wp-content ... Smiths.pdf

Although I have not checked, I wonder if the speedometer shops that do the RVI to RVC conversions (Nissonger, North Hollywood Speedometer, etc.) might have the part? Once the conversion is completed the inductive loop fitting is no longer required, so they may have some around?

HTH

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bigbaldybloke » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:32 pm

I?m currently trying to get my tacho to work so it?s in and out a few times, next time I could photo and measure it if that would help. Won?t be till mid next week though as I?m away from home.
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
Bigbaldybloke
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Quite sure that that loop would be the same as on all Smiths RVI tachometers of that era. Had them off many times on Sprites and Midgets.

Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: