Wiring diagram for a +2

PostPost by: chris1977 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:30 am

Hello together

i would like to find a coulered wiring diagram for my +2 with alternator, can somebody help me .

thanks chris
chris1977
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:57 pm

There is a few different diagrams depending on car variant, so you'll probably want to give more details on the car for people to locate the right diagram.

Do you have the workshop manual with the black and white ones?
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: chris1977 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello
It is a early car from 1967 but with alternator. I have the manual but only in black and white.
chris1977
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: wotsisname » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 pm

There are coloured ones for later cars if you Google.. all made by owners. I didn't find one for my '68. The diagram would likely require changes for your alternator.
I made my own. Printed a black and white from PDF to poster size (?2-3 at Staples). Then I've used coloured pens. I've mainly coloured it as I go along to track progress. Easy to add extra circuits.
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Bigbaldybloke » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:55 pm

I have a early Plus 2 with alternator, but didn?t manage to locate a coloured diagram when I made my own new front harness, but found by the end of it I had pretty much memorised the colours of each function. They are all listed in the table on the diagram and you soon get the hang of it, but I must admit a coloured diagram would have helped when I started the project. The diagram you need will depend on if it has always had an alternator or has it been retro fitted, if so how has the alternator has been wired in, has a complete harness designed for an alternator been used, has the mod shown in the manual been used where the wires that went to the control box are cut and soldered together been used, or has the original harness been split and remade to eliminate the control box wires and tidy things up. Hopefully the alternator is an original fitting, if so you have a much better chance of someone having a coloured diagram for you.
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
Bigbaldybloke
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gus » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Wiring color code is standard early Lucas, shared with many other cars

There are at least 7 wiring diagrams, notwithstanding changes[I think Alternators start with S for instance]

The harness is confusing at first, but learn the color code, and it is not so bad. The worst is probably the 3 fusebox
gus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: