S4 wiring loom - heeeelp

PostPost by: Kevinjlowe » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 am

Heeelp I having a nightmare!! I was experiencing intermittent electrical issues with the wipers, indicators, fan. I called a local auto electrician to visit my home and take a look, who ran a number of new earths which sorted the problem, however on closer inspection he was uncomfortable with the dash loom as it has been messed with in the past and a number of wires were getting extremely hot; there was also evidence of melting wires and a melted bullet connector. He advised me to purchase a new loom which I did; this is where my problem gets worse. He disconnected wires to the main & rear harness and to the indicator and light column switches but has not visited again and isn?t answering calls or messages!! I am trying to sort this myself, however I have a problem at the final stage. The column light switch has 3 wires Blue/Brown which I can match on the loom, however the Blue/White and Blue/Red do not have matching wires!!! The old loom has a triple bullet connector with blue/brown, purple/black and blue purple leading to it and a green/blue, blue/black into a double bullet connector. What goes where? Also the multi connector which goes to the wiper motor has 2 white green wire going into the same side of a double connector; does anything connect to the out port(s)?
Kevinjlowe
New-tral

PostPost by: nmauduit » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:23 am

a good source of informations would be a S4 wiring diagram, e.g. see :

http://www.lotuselan.net/wiki/Lotus_Ela ... ng_Diagram

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=40282&start=

etc
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:06 pm

img_20190818_130229.jpg and
Two things to note ... the dip switch wiring colours do not correspond to the loom and the 3 wires from the switch do not all go to the same triple connector block. The attached sketch shows how my S4 is wired ... hopefully yours will be the same.
Regarding the wiper motor connections, from the wiring diagram it looks like your double connector with the 2 white/green wires is missing the green +12v supply wire from the fuse box.
img_20190818_152945__01.jpg and
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lotusfan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:50 pm

The wiring diagram on the wiki http://www.lotuselan.net/wiki/Lotus_Ela ... ng_Diagram is not the original wiring diagram, it has extra features.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=40282&start= should be much more helpful to you.
Mike
72 Sprint DHC
lotusfan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Kevinjlowe » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks for the posts chaps; the diagram is perfect for my simplistic mind oldelanman :wink: i will try this tomorrow.
Kevinjlowe
New-tral

Total Online: