Plus 2 wiring loom routing

PostPost by: NYK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 pm

I?m putting my Plus 2 back together (bought in boxes), can anyone confirm the routing of the rear loom. It looks to me like it either runs through the body of the car along the floor to the left of the driver?s seat or perhaps along the top of the tunnel under the central console. I should add it?s a right hand drive, S130
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:56 pm

On my S130 it runs top of the tunnel, on right hand corner/edge, then over to rear left wheel arch into boot.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: NYK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Thanks, that?s pretty much as I supposed.
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Bigbaldybloke » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 pm

On my early Plus 2 it runs on the floor alongside the passenger (left side) door sill, up behind the trim panel beside the rear seat, past the seat belt unit and over the top by the top of the shock mounting, then it splits and one section goes to the tank sender and the other continues around the inside of the left wing to the left rear light then across to the number plate lights finally ending at the right hand rear lamp. In amongst this are aerial and speaker wires and interior lamps wires that come out of the harness at the appropriate points. The front of the harness joins the dashboard and front harnesses behind the glove box.
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
Bigbaldybloke
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 am

Just for another data-point, my car is 'mostly early,' a transition-period car but not an S, and is a federal LHD, and the loom runs along the left side as BBB describes above.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: