72 Elan +2 S130 Heater Control Valve Location

PostPost by: rodgerslotus » Thu May 05, 2005 1:05 pm

Anyone,

Where the the heater control valve located on a +2 S130?

It is not on the goose neck in engine bay.

My guess in behind instrument cluster.

Please Advise,
Ty Rodgers
rodgerslotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu May 05, 2005 3:30 pm

Ty
i' m not 100% but i don't think there is a valve,hot water flows all the time through the heater matrix,only when you open the heater flap do you feel it
John
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:42 pm

I have had a couple out before, and have not seen any valves.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: sk178ta » Thu May 05, 2005 6:44 pm

The rear end of the top hose, on the left hand end by the thermostat. It`s cable operated.
Jim
sk178ta
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Thu May 05, 2005 8:06 pm

My 1973 +2s130 'aint got a heater control valve ? Parts manual doesn't show one either! Rgds jon
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rickf » Thu May 05, 2005 8:43 pm

They didn't user a water valve, but used a flap to control air flow. Thus you have a hot heater core in the passenger compartment all the time, even in the summer. I put an Elan heater valve on mine so I can turn the water flow off as well. It screws into the thermostat housing. You can put a cable on to operate it, but I didn't bother. I just leave mine open or closed and regulate with the normal flap control. This makes it a LOT cooler in the passenger compartment in hot weather.
Cheers,<br>Rick<br>1972 Elan +2
rickf
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rodgerslotus » Fri May 06, 2005 1:28 pm

Thanks for all the input on the heater valve.

John and Bernie answers were also on the money, Rick hit the bulls eye.

Ken at Bean Eng closed this concern. Please read below.

Hi Jeffery, The clue is that you state you have no heater valve on the engine. Your car has a heater box that allows the coolant to flow thur the heater core at all times. The heater is controlled by a deflector door inside the heater box. This has a foam seal on its edge to keep the air going thur or around the core. you may want to check the condition of the seal if your heater seems like its still working with the controls off. When the controls slides donot work. The cable may be pinched or the clip that holds the cable on the heater box may be missing. This clip is located at the cable end, as the inner cable connects to the arm on the box. Please see page PA (p4) in the plus 2 parts book. Please let me know how things go. Best wishes Ken Gray
rodgerslotus
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: