starting , and overheating:(

PostPost by: webber1279 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:42 pm

hi my 71 +2s130 is having a few probs at the moment! its flooding all the time and therefore awked to get started! i have twin weber carbs on it instead of the original dellortos and so dont have the choke connected is this correct?? also the when running it drives well but is steadily overheating slowley ?? its also running too rich its left black marks on the wall wer i reverse it in! maybe a service of the carbs is due?? help
thanks steve
webber1279
New-tral

PostPost by: Jason1 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi Steve

I have twin Webers,if I use the choke it will flood. To start I give the gas pedal 2 pumps and turn the engine over with the gas pedal about halfway down. Repeat as many times as needed, usually about 2 to 3 times.

Overheating - what temp do you consider overheating? My gauge goings pretty high but the radiator does not boil over.

Running rich - My Webers are pretty juicy, if I boot it going down the road you will see black smoke, I think this is normal as my mates Alfa also does this.

The best thing to do is take the plugs out and note the colour or post a pick on here.

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: