Lotus Elan

Twin Cam technical drawing never seen before!

PostPost by: promotor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks for the updates guys - it's good to know you're happy, and also to see where one of drawings will be hung!

Regarding the signature by the artist - you must be lucky, I never got offered one of those! :lol:
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mwhitaker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:05 am

Just a note to say that I have received my print and I am absolutely thrilled with the quality and detail presented in schematic fashion. Also includes helpful package opening tips and framing suggestions to minimize damage. Ron has done an absolutely brilliant job and with Alistair has been very responsive to questions and helpful with follow up re package tracking, especially with across the pond orders such as mine. These two gents are a class act and I am grateful for their efforts on our behalf. Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers, Mark Whitaker
69 ElanS4DHC
45/8396
mwhitaker
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: cobraboy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm

PM sent
Thanks Mark
cobraboy
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks for the update on receiving the print Mark - good to hear you're happy!

I'd just like to add some relevant info regarding postage to any interested parties. It looks like the couriers will not insure any items such as printed drawings or artwork etc so I think should one of these go missing in the post there isn't much we can do about I'm sorry to say. I appreciate this could be off-putting but want the information to be out there for any interested parties.

We do use decent couriers' though and don't anticipate to have any issues.

Cheers for the continued interest in the drawing.
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:11 am

......................but, where the h... can i sign up for a copy? cheerio sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:51 am

el-saturn wrote:......................but, where the h... can i sign up for a copy? cheerio sandy

Hi Sandy, if you want one posted (to Switzerland?) please PM me and we can sort the details out from there.

I will be going through the list of those who initially showed an interest and will PM them to see if they still want one.

Some people have contacted me but haven't replied - not sure what's happening there?
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Certified Lotus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:43 pm

Finally got time to hang my print in my Lotus Garage. When I reorganize my garage in spring I’ll be moving all my art work around so it will have a more prominate location. But for now, this is were it fits. And it looks great!
2a852d24-460b-4862-acd5-5a65027e3a2d.jpeg and

7e294437-629f-49ea-8489-070b913d9d7d.jpeg and
Glen
65 Elan S2 - 26/4055
72 Europa - 74/2358R
69 Elan S4 - 45/7941
64 Elan S1 - 26/0379
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car
06 Elise - Track pack
Certified Lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Glen that looks like it fits perfectly! Thanks for sharing.

That's a great looking workshop and certainly much tidier than I could ever manage to keep!

All the best for the New Year.

Al /Ron
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 pm

My Birthday and xmas pressie to myself has arrived..!!

Actually it was 2 days ago, while i have not unwrapped yet, waiting for the weekend and a distraction free house, i am 100% delighted. Not only is this a genuine work of art but also Ron and Al are the real deal. Both very great guys to have in the forum.

Despite my off shore adventures, both Al and Ron made me aware at all times on the goings on and even made great effort to help me with a special request. I was emailed several options to fit what i asked for, at nil extra cost,
Ron emailed to inform me on the delivery details and again to say on the day "its coming today" a few hours latter i had it in my hand. I have the worlds best instruction manual on how to open it and look after it too.

I have no doubt that on opening it up i will find a perfect piece of art to compliment my cosworth cam cover. Id hurry up and get one while you can.

My deepest and most sincere thanks to both Al and Ron for all the effort that has gone to producing and printing these.

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:43 am

pauljones wrote:
My deepest and most sincere thanks to both Al and Ron for all the effort that has gone to producing and printing these.

Paul

Thanks very much Paul, glad to hear it arrived safely!
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: SENC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Many thanks to Al and Ron for sharing this work and for all of the effort to make it happen! I echo Paul's comments, and add that the piece itself is the only thing that surpasses their communication and support throughout. I just picked mine up from framing, and have it hung near my elan.

img_20190112_122453.jpg and

Thank you!
Henry
Henry
69 S4
SENC
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:15 am

SENC wrote:Many thanks to Al and Ron for sharing this work and for all of the effort to make it happen! I echo Paul's comments, and add that the piece itself is the only thing that surpasses their communication and support throughout. I just picked mine up from framing, and have it hung near my elan.

IMG_20190112_122453.jpg

Thank you!
Henry

Cheers Henry - glad you're happy! Ron will be in touch if a Stromberg T/C drawing ever gets done!
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:42 am

More printing runs will be done shortly - if anyone is interested please get in touch.
I will be contacting those who previously showed an interest shortly as and when time permits.

Cheers.
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:17 pm

....... i also aske a while ago, but didnt get an answer: how much are they btw sanyd
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Got my print delivered perfectly to Australia a couple of weeks ago. Organising to get it framed and hanging in my house - just need to find the right space that big enough. To good a quality print to put in the garage plus I have no wall space there as to many shelves of spare parts covering every wall

thanks
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: