+2 hard to startup!!

PostPost by: mbell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:52 am

I spent quite a bit of time tuning my carbs (hypo jets) just right last summer to get good afr (aka not too rich) with no stumble.

"Winter" came around and I had to richen them a setting to get rid of a lean stumble that re appeared.

Can't be 100% sure it's related to summer v winter fuel but that was my thoughts at the time. Will be interesting to see if afr seems a but richen when it gets some summer fuel in it.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RedBarnMan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:34 pm

My +2S130/5 on Dellorto's had been a real pig to start - a 2 battery job - but then it's in restoration so it's not often that I try. However after putting in electronic ignition, new plugs etc still no real improvement. But then I discovered the accelerator cable was not fully opening the butterflies and as such was not working the accelerator pump. If I now get fuel up to the carbs and then manually fully open the accelerator (at the carburettors) 3 times as suggested in the user manual, it starts much easier and does not need the choke.
RedBarnMan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Yes in the US its regional given the large differences in climate across the country.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: