Ring Gear for Flywheel

PostPost by: geni » Sun May 26, 2019 11:26 am

sur mon Twin Cam origine ,je doit remplacer sur le Flywheel , le Ring Gear a 110dents
Je dispose d'un Ring neuf sauf que sont diam?tre interne (de serrage ) ait sup?rieur (environ 2mm a celui du Flywheel d'origine qui lui ait de 255,4 m/m !
Existe t'il diff?rents mod?le ? sachant qu'il n'y a eu aucune modification de celui-ci !
geni
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sun May 26, 2019 1:27 pm

My French is non-existent but I'm taking a guess that your ring gear is not the correct diameter?

There are two different diameters of 110 tooth inertia type ring gears to suit two different size of flywheels - one of 10.048" and the other of 10.167".
Both need to be heated up to fit.
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: reb53 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 am

promotor wrote:Both need to be heated up to fit.

And make sure the kids in the machine shop don't heat it red hot and destroy the temper.
Actually my temper wasn't that flash when I saw the now blue ring gear they had "fitted".....

Ralph.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Mon May 27, 2019 3:16 pm

The ring gear needs to be heated up in an oven to fit at 270c. The flywheel should be chilled in a freezer.

Even then, the ring gear will still be a little small, but the chamfer on the ID of the ring gear will help installation. Remove the flywheel from the freezer, place on cardboard. Remove ring gear from oven and immediately place over the flywheel and install with a hammer. It may take more than one attempt.

La couronne doit ?tre chauff?e dans un four pour ?tre ajust?e ? 270 ? C. Le volant doit ?tre refroidi dans un cong?lateur.

M?me dans ce cas, la couronne sera toujours un peu petite, mais le chanfrein sur l'ID de la couronne facilitera l'installation. Retirez le volant du cong?lateur, placez-le sur du carton. Retirer la couronne du four et la placer imm?diatement sur le volant et l?installer ? l?aide d?un marteau. Cela peut prendre plus d?une tentative.
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: