Davies Craig Electric Water Pump Setup

PostPost by: Lotus54 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Update on my install.
It is worked very well, maybe too well. Temperature was just fine on warmer days, but when in the 40s (f) on the hiway it would not get up to temp. I put the 180ºf thermostat back in, with two 1/8” holes drilled like instructions said. This helped a LOT, but still drops temp on cold days.
I sent a message to them asking if I need both holes with the heater circuit open…probably not. But if I were to close it, then maybe a problem I suppose.

I may try a 190ºf thermostat (with holes) and see if that is a good balance. Of course, once it warms it up may be a non-issue. But there have been nice sunny but cool days and just had to get out. Car runs better with engine closer to the 190º and of course the heater works a LOT better than.
The DC temp sensor always reads low, even when both were very close to each other. Not of course the stock sender is on the head side of the thermostat, so I would expect it to read hotter.

Overall, I quite like it- plus it will run a few mintues after shut down.
Needed? I’m sure it is not, but I like not having to worry much about the water pump (unknown condition) and I’ve done them in the car before and don’t want to. Plus some other advantages (for me)
1966 Lotus Elan S3- Benelli motorcycles (various)
Lotus54
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: