S4 Radiator Mounting Plates

PostPost by: dougweall » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:29 pm

Hi guys,

I have a jigsaw puzzle of an S4 Elan. Some of the bits that are missing are the plates which mount the radiator to the inner wing. (I think they do)

Do any of you live near Barnsley, South Yorkshire that I could visit and take some photo's or has anyone got any under bonnet shots of these plates so I can make some or know of where I can get hold of any.

If any one has some jpeg shots I would be grateful for an look see.

Thanks,

Doug
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elan_fan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:48 pm

Hi Doug, what exactly do you want as i have an s4 with the radiator out at the mo but all the brackets are still in place. Is it the brackets on the side of the rad or the actual L shaped brackets you want pics of? either way I can get a jpg of either to you.

regards
Mark
elan_fan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:16 pm

Mark,

Thanks for the reply, it is the radiator mounts on the inner wing that I think I have not got, I have had a couple of e-mails saying upgrade to a bigger rad, etc, but it will still require mounting properly.
My thoughts were that the original inner wing mounts could be reproduced to fit a larger rad if I had one made, which I think is the way to go because the original rads were marginal on cooling.

Thanks again

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:01 am

I have just installed a bigger rad in my S4 and had to make up brackets as required. If you want some design notes and / or pictures please let me know. I can also tell you where I got all the bits from, all sourced here in the UK.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:11 pm

I bought some parts of someone at Donnington this year who also had a radiator and side brackets for sale. I seem to remember he wanted ?40. The side bits were in good condition. If you are interested let me know as I think I still have his phone number around the place.
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:05 pm

Many thanks to all who replied to my post.

I think a solution is on the way now.

Great to know all you guys are out there.

Thanks again.

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: