Lotus Elan

parts list spread sheets?

PostPost by: baileyman » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:54 am

Has anyone already translated the 26R and standard Elan parts lists into spreadsheet format?

I'm suddenly in the market for lots of fasteners...

John
baileyman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Higs » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi John

Not too much help but I have developed one for the +2 models. I expanded on this in the following (similar) post:

http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/lotus-parts-f33/best-place-for-stainless-steel-nuts-bolts-t25960.html

How can this be put on the wiki?

Richard
Higs
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Richard,
PM sent
thanks
Mike
mikealdren
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Higs » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Here is my spreadsheet for all Plus 2 variants. It is a zip file to make it small enough. When you download it, rename the extension from .doc to .zip and then open it.

A quick explanation:

On the Master Parts List, columns A to O are the scanned in information – corrected where I have found errors. Column C is the scanned order so that you can always get the file back to its original order by sorting the lines on this column.

On line 3, there is a filter box to identify your model. Delete the “Y” under “+2” and add another for yours. You will need to have one “Y” only in the model section and one in the RHD/LHD section. The “All” column can be a “Y” or blank (not sure why you would want it blank though). Note they must be capital “Y”s.

Under the Worksheet “Comment & Section Analysis” there are 2 look-up tables which you will need to edit. The first one, “Comment” has all the Comments listed and whether this applies to your model or not. It is set up for my Plus 2 with chassis number 864. You will need to alter the second column to suit yours. Either put a “N”, “Y” or “Y?” against each line. I have used “Y?” where I am not sure!

In the second Table, “Section”, there is a simple list of all the Section. Put a “N” against those that do not apply to your car - for example whether you have webers or strombergs.

Back to Master Parts List worksheet, column Q will now contain “Y”, “Y?” and “N”s to denote which parts apply to your car or not.

Column S contains a breakdown of the Nut / Bolt / Screw / Washer / Stud part number codes into descriptions.

Columns T-W contain the bolt etc. analysis. They work as follows: Column T says against each part whether I don’t want to purchase it. U has whether I want it in Stainless. To make the Quantities work, you need to sort the rows in the Table. I first sort on Column Q to list my parts, then on Column S to get all the Bols, nuts, washers in a list. I can then sort nuts, bolts etc into those that I want to buy, those that are stainless etc.. Once this is done, the Quantities column does a simple cummulation to show how many of each are required. A bit clunky but there we are!

I hope this all makes sense :) Let me know if you are having problems or find bugs.

Hope it is useful.

Richard
Attachments
Master Parts List - new.doc
Master parts list spreadsheet
(781.76 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Higs
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:36 am

Works a treat, many thanks
Mike
mikealdren
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bigbaldybloke » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Tried to open that file on my iPad, just got the message couldn’t open file, might be corrupt, anyone else opened it on an iPad? Maybe need to use a real PC.? Ah just noted it’s a zip file, will try on my pc.
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
Bigbaldybloke
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Yes, it's a corrupt file...
2019-02-10-09_22_00-parts-list-spread-sheets_-_-wanted-or-needed-by-lotuselan.net.png and
On a real PC with Office 2013
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 pm

I downloaded this file in January and opened it with no problem. Just tried it again and it works fine. Try downloading it again. I didn't try that. Could it have been corrupted since then?
Bud
1970 +2S Fed
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams
Bud English
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: