Lotus Elan

Wanted Plus 2 - Plus 2 project

PostPost by: Slowtus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Bumping this to add that I have photos of the underside now AND I am still looking for that elusive Plus 2

Apologies if I already posted this last year (memory fail+technical ineptitude when searching) but I am on the hunt for a Plus2

Ideally it will be in Canada but all of North America considered, perfect condition or basket case(ish) - all will be looked at.

Have money. :D

Also have a 1991 Elan M100 which I will be selling/trading/swapping to accommodate the Plus 2.

The M100 is a delightful car, this particular one has less than 75Kms on it and has the V5 200 hp chip, nips along quite nicely and and and ...

1.jpg and
Last edited by Slowtus on Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:22 pm

Shamelessly bumping (unless bumping is not allowed in which case it was an accident).
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:51 pm

https://evansville.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 41771.html
here's a bargain for you.
No relation, no affiliation, FYI only.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 pm

tedtaylor wrote:https://evansville.craigslist.org/cto/d/evansville-1972-lotus-elan-plus-2s-130/6845741771.html
here's a bargain for you.
No relation, no affiliation, FYI only.

Thanks, the exchange at the moment kills it!
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Davefettback » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:18 am

Being on the backside of a 72 rebuild, this is a fair number, even with our exchange. Don’t kid yourself with something that looks nicer, you’ll still tear it right down in order to do a proper job. This one gets you there at the start. Get them to toss in the head, so the engine is complete. Good luck.
Davefettback
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:19 am

Davefettback wrote:Being on the backside of a 72 rebuild, this is a fair number, even with our exchange. Don’t kid yourself with something that looks nicer, you’ll still tear it right down in order to do a proper job. This one gets you there at the start. Get them to toss in the head, so the engine is complete. Good luck.

Agreed, just need to sell the M100 first...so she says. :D
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:43 am

Slowtus wrote:
Davefettback wrote:Being on the backside of a 72 rebuild, this is a fair number, even with our exchange. Don’t kid yourself with something that looks nicer, you’ll still tear it right down in order to do a proper job. This one gets you there at the start. Get them to toss in the head, so the engine is complete. Good luck.

Agreed, just need to sell the M100 first...so she says. :D

I reached out to the nice man with the Plus 2 and we are now negotiating...he is a previous M100 owner and would ideally want to just have the money. I did NOT do the sales pitch on how he would much more easily put money in his pocket with a near perfect M100... :D

Such restraint is not my normal way but as I grow ever older I find that such things are not overly important, so I tend to womble around in this fashion until the universe finds its alignment.
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 pm

And another thing...why do people feel compelled to stop and chat when I am driving my M100? :D
Last edited by Slowtus on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:41 pm

Bumping this to add that I have photos of the underside now AND I am still looking for that elusive Plus 2. :D :D :D
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: