Lotus Elan

Cast exhaust manifold and downpipe

PostPost by: promotor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:10 pm

As above I'm looking for a cast manifold (I think there are two types - either will do) and down-pipe.

Doesn't need to be mint, just usable.

I'm based in the UK.

Cheers.
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: vxah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:17 pm

vxah
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:46 pm

vxah wrote:https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123862809645

Thanks, but not the one for me. Particularly as "very good condition" to me doesn't mean as rusty / pitted as that at that price!
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi Al,

I guess you know that the original 4 into 1 manifold, whilst valued by fans of originality, are awful. The two piece S/E manifolds are much better, but again hard to find for a reasonable price. Tubular manifolds are easily the best.

If you don't mind me asking, are you looking for a cast manifold for a specific purpose? I have both types, but will be refitting them to my cars (originality nut..wait...I have those as well).

Cheerio,

Rob
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Yes. I too would like to see a bad one if this is vgc :D :D
MarkDa
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:17 am

MarkDa wrote:Yes. I too would like to see a bad one if this is vgc :D :D

It's like the seller thinks we can't see the pictures clearly!

Mazzini wrote:Hi Al,

I guess you know that the original 4 into 1 manifold, whilst valued by fans of originality, are awful. The two piece S/E manifolds are much better, but again hard to find for a reasonable price. Tubular manifolds are easily the best.

If you don't mind me asking, are you looking for a cast manifold for a specific purpose? I have both types, but will be refitting them to my cars (originality nut..wait...I have those as well).

Cheerio,

Rob

Eyup Rob,

I'm looking for an option to run it on my engine test bed - the two piece standard tubular types causes me a problem due the crossmember I am using. The plan is that with a cast one I can tell the down pipe who is the boss and where I want it to fit (I can live in hope!!).
I've got a tubular one but it's trouble linking it up with my existing exhaust pipe set-up.

Cheers.
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:17 am

MarkDa wrote:Yes. I too would like to see a bad one if this is vgc :D :D

I guess the seller thinks we can't see the pictures clearly!

Mazzini wrote:Hi Al,

Cheerio,

Rob

Eyup Rob,

I'm looking for a cast one to run it on my engine test bed - the two piece standard tubular types causes me a problem due the crossmember I am using. The plan is that with a cast one I can tell the down pipe who is the boss and where I want it to fit (I can live in hope!!).
I've got a tubular one but it's trouble linking it up with my existing exhaust pipe set-up.

Cheers.
Last edited by promotor on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
promotor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: olivier » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi,

I have a cast exhaust manifold for sale, if you are interested PM me

olivier
olivier
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:19 am

Promotor,

I'm in the process of manufacturing exact replicas of the downpipe with the expansion chamber. I just finished manufacturing the oval intermediate pipe just as the originals were on the 105 hp twincam. The only difference from the originals is it's made with T304 Stainless.

If you need just a downpipe with a 90 degree bend I can also help you out with that, but it too is stailness. But it's $35 US plus shipping.

Frank
Famous Frank

66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
66 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa
06 Elise
67 Barracuda
Famous Frank
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: