Stromberg adaptors

PostPost by: hughjames » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 pm

I am removing the emissions stuff from my Sprint, as is now legal in the US. I would like to use the UK style Stromberg adaptors and high level balance pipe, but these seem to be scarce. A guy here in Florida is making a functional replacement, but it is clearly different. Can anyone out there help me find a pair of real ones?

thanks

Hugh
hughjames
New-tral

PostPost by: denicholls2 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:05 pm

You will likely never get called on it, but strictly speaking it is not legal to modify the OEM emissions control equipment on any U.S. car of any year as long as that car will be registered for road use, regardless of whether that car is required to pass an emissions test or not.

Some states check as a part of inspection that the car is configured as it came from the factory, and will fail you if it's modified and they notice. If they do, they are validating that your car has not run afoul of Federal EPA legislation for the year of manufacture.

What you probably don't need to worry about is that they will test your car to see if it performs within original spec.

In practice, there may be little difference between the two, but in law, there's a big gulf.

-- Doug Nicholls, 54/1822 Ma~
denicholls2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:48 pm

Hugh, I have PM'd you but they dont appear to leave tht outbox ??? :?

I have what you require.

Mike PM me.
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: