Dell"orto Q

PostPost by: elancoupe » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:30 pm

Is there a source for the later model 40 Dell'ortos with the 6 hole progression circuit?
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: type36lotus » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:18 am

Try eurocard ltd at http://www.racecar.co.uk/dellorto/ They are very helpful and reasonably priced. I have used them only for parts tho.
Mike Geiger
66 S3 Coupe', no more :-(
type36lotus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bill308 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:42 pm

I recntly picked up a very nice set of used of DHLA40 E carbs, a non emission carb which has 6-progresion holes and full tuneablility. The best are reported to be DHLA C's and a third choice the DHLA H's (Esprite carbs), both of which I believe have 6-progression holes and are fully tuneable. The order of desireability, as I understand it, are suffixes C, E, H, and finally the orginal no suffix DHLA 40 with 3-progression holes.

The way I understand the features is that the 6-progression hole carbs allow extended operation on the progression circuit, while the DHLA (no suffix version) wants to transition onto the mains as soon as possible. From a racing perspective, the no suffix carbs are fine, but if you want the best possible street carb, the 6-progression hose variants are best. My E versions offer a barrel-to-barrel air balance circuit, as do the C's, but I'm not sure about the H's and no suffix base model. The other consideration is which ones offer a vacuum tap for air balance. I know the E's and I'm pretty sure the C's do also. I'm not sure of the no suffix and H's though.

The balance of DHLA's are less desireable as they are emission carbs and less tuneable.

I hope this helps.

Bill
bill308
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm

Mike, thanks for the link, I have emailed them for more info :D

Bill, great summation, much appreciated! :D
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:14 pm

Just to follow up, Eurocarb quoted me 650p + 65p shipping on set of turbo esprit carbs... :shock: :shock: ... don't think I will go that route,lol.

I have a pretty good lead on a similar pair for quite a bit less money.
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:06 am

650p plus 65p equals ?7:15....

Sounds like a bargain to me...

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:50 am

:lol: :lol: I wish they were that cheap!
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: