Fuel Injection

PostPost by: Evan Carpenter-Crawford » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:13 pm

I know to some this is heresy, but I am intriqued by the idea of a lotus twincam with fully mapped injection and ignition. The QED website lists this as one of the options they offer, but I have never spoken with anyone who has actually done it. My interest here is primarily increased reliability, but naturally I wouldn't be put out if there proved to be a performance benefit.

So, relevant questions here are:
1) Who has done this, and what has your experience with it been like?
2) What systems are out there, and how do you choose between them?
3) How/where do you get help if you need it?

Thanks,
-E
1969 fhc #8624
Evan Carpenter-Crawford
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: storrar54 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:03 pm

evan
This is just the line I am going down myself. it seems to me to be much more sense than going the zetec route.
I have spoken to two separate people at the Donnington show who have done this on plus2s. Their opinion was that it had transformed the car.no starting problems, smooth acceleration, more power and also ran much cooler presumably because the mixture/timing was correct. Just like a modern car!
My current research seems to indicate that Emerald are the ecu to use, you can use a welded-up dizzy with a lumenition optical sensor which is handy although a crank sensor may be better. Jenvey throttle bodies are better than lumenition ones with appropriate fuel rail etc. A swirl pot from Spyder or car builder solutions with pump and hp lines and a lambda sensor.
You then need a couple of hours on a rolling road.
I would reccomend you look at the Emerald cams site they have a good overview and Dave Walker writes in Practical Performance car monthly again worth a look.
It may be worth a personal chat if so [email protected]
Richard
storrar54
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:06 pm

Hi

Apparentlty there was a magazine article explaining how to turn 40 DCOE's into throttle bodies.

That sound like something I would try. Has anyone seen the article?

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: wobblyweb » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:58 pm

I think the article on converting 40,s into throttle bodies was written by Dave Walker mentioned in the post above.
wobblyweb
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: