Manual Set Up v Colourtune

PostPost by: jonnyconcrete » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:49 am

I have followed the manual set up in the book (with the mirror!! and the 1 by 1 air screw adjustment), car runs a treat but I can't help thinking about the little extra refinement a colourtune might bring...she I bite the bullet and go spend 35 quid!

Thoughts?
jonnyconcrete
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:26 pm

I beleive it does make a little difference.
There's loads on ebay. They normally go for around ?12 to ?15
Its best to have either 4 or 2 colortunes. If you have 1 you have to do it 4 times which is a pain
I have 2 so have to do it twice which I think is OK

Its a shame someone doesn't offer 4 spark plug adapters that plug into a laptop!

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:03 pm

terryp wrote:Its a shame someone doesn't offer 4 spark plug adapters that plug into a laptop!

Terry

And some software that would interpret the colo(u)r images and instruct you on optimum adjustments! :D
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Tintin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:40 pm

terryp wrote:I have 2 so have to do it twice which I think is OK

I'do the same as with a twin vacuum gauges: Leave one as a master and use the second gauge/plug for the three others.

Its a shame someone doesn't offer 4 spark plug adapters that plug into a laptop!

Install a wideband probe: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products.php Or four if you like. In F1 we sometimes used eight... :mrgreen:

Tim
--
1964 Norton Atlas - 1974 Lotus 130/5
Parts falling of these vehicles are of the
finest british craftsmenship
Tintin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jonnyconcrete » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Tintin wrote:
terryp wrote:I have 2 so have to do it twice which I think is OK

I'do the same as with a twin vacuum gauges: Leave one as a master and use the second gauge/plug for the three others.

Install a wideband probe: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products.php Or four if you like. In F1 we sometimes used eight... :mrgreen:

Tim
jonnyconcrete
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: