Who has fitted QED injection?

PostPost by: NYK » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:37 am

I?d be interested in any feedback from people who have fitted the QED heritage injection kit.
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Generally, DTA?s reputation is very good and reliable. (No connection with me, but the DTA boss is/was an Elan owner).
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:13 pm

I can't comment on the complete kit, but they are using Jenvey Heritage throttle bodies which are very good quality. The fact that the ECU comes with a base map that is roughly tailored to your engine's state of tune is a good thing.

Quite a bit of work needed to fit including a swirl pot and low pressure return etc, but a very worthwhile upgrade which will give better fuel economy and consistent power with no need to keep tweaking once set up properly.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: NYK » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Yes, the base map would be important to me as, if I go ahead, I would be fitting to a rebuilt engine with zero miles on the clock so it would not be suitable for rolling road until I had a fair few miles on it.

I read on the forum that old carbs are likely to give issues, so I?m thinking the cost of new carbs might be better put towards fuel injection with all the benefits that should bring.
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Can't comment on the QED kit but we have a customer that has a Jenvey Heritage efi kit fitted to a jag and it's very neatly done, from a distance you would think it's a weber set up until you drive it.

It's an expensive way to get EFI if you are not bothered about the look, but if thats your thing the Heritage throttle bodies really do look the part and perform flawlessly.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: NYK » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:29 pm

QED told me there was only a couple of hundred to be saved by having the Jenvey TB in place of the Heritage ones. I reckoned if one was paying close on ?3k, a couple of hundred saving was no big deal.
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: DavidLB » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:30 pm

I fitted the QED kit in 2014. I have been Rey pleased with it. No problem to fit and it does make a huge difference to the drive and starting. Recommended. it?s on a +2S130/ 5 David
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: NYK » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Thanks David, it looks like I should plan to add another ?3k to my rebuild costs, although I was able to do a pretty thorough engine rebuild for that amount!
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:26 pm

?500 for a pair of Jenvey Throttle bodies v's ?1100 for a pair of Jenvey Heritage....... thats a decent Wideband/datalogger set up difference in price just for a Look.......
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:22 am

I have the jenveys on mine, not the heritage but normal bodies. Controlled via Emerald k3 ECU. Very good system which delivers a flat torque curve and 105 bhp at the rears. It does improve cold start and cold engine divability. The wide band sender i had fitted at a latter date at Slark and on their rollers she put out more. Curves were very simmilar so i put that down to different rolling roads. They also turned it on and set the parameters to self learn and adjust the ecu.
So aswell as much better drivability i get better fuel consumption. The sound is intoxicating and at wot under load every corner exit is like a day out at Silverstone.

Points to note.
You will also need high pressure fuel suply and return either to tank or swirl pot.
Im not sure what comes with the kit but look for front pulley and trigger wheel, ignition module and leads ( most use ford Mondeo gen 2 and standard ford type leads, halfords trade card)
I have yet to fit the ram pipes, i had too thin webber filters fitted. I now have a different filter from ramair that will allow pipes to fit and not shroud them.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: greg40green » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:24 am

Heritage injection kit ?
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:34 am

Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:15 am

Grizzly wrote:?500 for a pair of Jenvey Throttle bodies v's ?1100 for a pair of Jenvey Heritage....... thats a decent Wideband/datalogger set up difference in price just for a Look.......

If you drive around with the bonnet open , definitely worth it...

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Backmarker » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:14 pm

Giving this a bump to see how things are going with those who have installed the kit and see if anyone else has.

Safe day to you,

Jim
Backmarker
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: woodie » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:08 pm

I'd thought that I would post this. More details to follow as the car should be finished next month.
Attachments
IMG_4978.jpg and
woodie
First Gear
First Gear

Next

Total Online: