choke cable

PostPost by: Bigbaldybloke » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 pm

My choke cable is a solid single wire not multi strand, what do other people have? Just curious as replacing it with this type would probably be easier than trying to solder or braze in a multi strand bicycle type cable.
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
Bigbaldybloke
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:23 am

Bigbaldybloke wrote:My choke cable is a solid single wire not multi strand, what do other people have? Just curious as replacing it with this type would probably be easier than trying to solder or braze in a multi strand bicycle type cable.

Solid wire. Someone may be able to swedge the new wire to the fitting.
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ivan.wood » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Not sure if this thread is still open but I am trying to refit the choke cable in the new dash on my S2 but the tubular section that sticks out the back of dash with the nut/ screw bezel that tightens it to the dash does not line up with the hole. The solid tube that comes out the back of the dash is forced up over the top of the heater casing and when I tighten the bezel the inner part jams. The heater seems to be in the correct position with a 3/8” foam seal making an airtight joint. If I lower the front of the heater box there is a gap between the foam seal and the air intake plenum.
Attachments
25BAD743-C679-4523-B91D-AFBD876F983B.jpeg and
ivan.wood
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: