Lotus Elan Sprint Fuel Filter

PostPost by: andrewdmoore » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:30 pm

Stiil trying to sort out my misfire so in following advice from you chaps was checking the earth strap in the boot.

Low & behold I found an in line fuel filter installed in the 6 inch rubber hose coming out of the tank which looked full of dirt.

I tried to get a replacement from Susan Miller but she says they weren't fitted as standard equipment. Has anyone else got one in their Sprint and I presume a standard 2 quid plastic replacement from Halfords should do. I'd rather not remove it altogether even if it isn't standard, as I'd rather have muck trapped in there than get to the Dellortos.

Thanks in anticipation.
andrewdmoore
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stubbs » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:32 pm

:ph34r: It's not fitted to my Sprint or my friends with Dellorto's and I have just replaced both piece's of pipe (luvly job) regards Martin
stubbs
New-tral

PostPost by: type36lotus » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:08 pm

I installed one at the same location as yours is installed, but to protect my electric fuel pump as well as the carbs. As it is on the suction side I too used a plastic bodied one from my local parts store. It is nice to be able to see if anything has collected.
Mike Geiger
66 S3 Coupe', no more :-(
type36lotus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: worzel » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:21 am

Sorry- but to hell with originality- in-line fuel filters are a must- if you intend to keep the car a very long time buy the glass type (?10 or so) that can be cleaned.

John
worzel
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: