a bit of discovery...

PostPost by: RobCapper » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:05 pm

decided that it might be time to start looking for a little of the history of my car etc... I've got bills and service records from 1979 - now, but nothing prior to that (it's a 1972 130/5)

I'm not really sure where the chasis number is? I've got the engine number - P/27501 and the paint code - LO5 and a serial number, but that is too long and in the wrong format for a chasis number...

I know most people will be able to help, but any advice on where the chasis number might be, what the original paint colour was and whether you can tell anything by the engine no, that'd be great!
RobCapper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:04 pm

The colour is Carnival red. The chassis number, if it's an original chassis, is on the chassis flange near the exhaust manifold...visable from looking under the bonnet. What's the chassis number on the VIN plate? The first 4 digits are the year/month (YYMM).
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:02 pm

The Chassis number is also moulded into the rim of the bonnet appeture to the left of the bonnet catch/solenoid area. It is also marked into Headlamp pods/ inner surface of door shells and underside of roof moulding.
It should also be on the Vin Plate (inner wing)
Don't be too surprised if the Vin and the other panel numbers don't match, they should but sometimes don't.
If you don't have the Chassis No on your Registration Doc to match with your Vin Plate to match with your Panel marks be careful before the DVLA become involved.
Regards
Dave
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:03 pm

The Chassis number is also moulded into the rim of the bonnet appeture to the left of the bonnet catch/solenoid area. It is also marked into Headlamp pods/ inner surface of door shells and underside of roof moulding.
It should also be on the Vin Plate (inner wing)
Don't be too surprised if the Vin and the other panel numbers don't match, they should but sometimes don't.
If you don't have the Chassis No on your Registration Doc to match with your Vin Plate to match with your Panel marks be careful before the DVLA become involved.
Regards
Dave
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: