+2 adjustable front and rear contrlol arms (wishbones).

PostPost by: mr.vman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:27 pm

Is there a source for adjustable front control arms (caster and camber), and in the rear camber and toe. In the front, I would only need a set of uppers or lowers that adjust, as once the alignment is adjusted, it is left alone, this is a street car, not for racing and DO NOT want to run "rod ends". In the back or front, if the inboard side of the control arm is adjustable that would be fine. I have seen, adjustable arms that allow the "stock" rubber bushings, that is what I'm looking for. In the past I have filed upper arms for camber and cut and spaced the fulcrums in the front for caster. In the back unless there is an adjustable arm not sure yet how to adjust camber and toe. I have seen the Spyder adjustable toe rear arms, but no camber. It would be nice on this build to have something off the shelf. It is well worth the time doing a 4 wheel alignment with thrust angle on a Lotus, it can transform the car.
Thanks, Steve V. In Arizona with a +2
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: niallf » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Steve,

I've seen rose jointed adjustable Plus 2 top and bottom wishbones from Spyder, though they're not on the their website.

May be worth giving Andy Widnall (spyder) a call, or poss an e-mail.

Cheers,

Niall
niallf
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: