Plus two brakes on baby elan

PostPost by: miked » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Guys,

For those who have this set up, what did you do about your front brake flex' pipes. Did you have them made up or is there a job that can be done without the plus two short fixed pipes.

Thanks Mike
:D
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:30 am

Hi Mike,

The braided hoses that I got with the Spyder space frame package worked with the Elan calipers & the +2 Calipers that I fitted later.
Just needed new copper seal washers.
I believe there are 2 or more types of +2 caliper.
The parts I used were, I believe, the older type with the thicker pad retaining pins.
I had to open out the holes in the anti-squeal shims in order to be able to fit them.

My bit for what it's worth :oops:
Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:17 pm

I fitted braided hoses directly to the calipers. There is a picture at http://www.steveww.org/index.php?id=25
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Yes thassit Steve, like wot I done. 'Innit
:D
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks guys for info'.

I actually got to thinking about your site Steve and had looked this morning. Am I right in thinking they are baby elan pipes but for an earlier caliper (non banjo type) - like a plus 2 ...

Your photo looks like you have something between the end of the pipe and the caliper??

Thanks Mike
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: patrics » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi

Just made up some hoses for mine - could take a photo with lengths etc if required.

Regards
Steve
patrics
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 pm

miked wrote:Thanks guys for info'.

I actually got to thinking about your site Steve and had looked this morning. Am I right in thinking they are baby elan pipes but for an earlier caliper (non banjo type) - like a plus 2 ...

Your photo looks like you have something between the end of the pipe and the caliper??

Thanks Mike

Yes I believe they are. I can take some more detailed pictures if you want.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 am

Guys thanks, I would not mind a Pic if it is not too much trouble. The bit that is confusing is; on a banjo, the seal it is the banjo and the copper washers against the caliper face. On the plus two the caliper is female requiring the male part. Does the arrangement that you have seal on the male/female part by the male runing down into the caliper with the lock nut to lock it Therefore the seal is the 45 degree bit, not the flange edge.

Hope this makes sense...

thanks Mike :)
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Can't do this until the weekend as I am away on business at the moment. I will post up some pictures over the weekend.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: patrics » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Mike

Here are a couple of pics (hopefully) which should show what you want plus a couple of general ones

Regards
Steve
Attachments
Photo 02.jpg and
Photo 04.jpg and
Photo 03.jpg and
Photo 01.jpg and
Photo 05.jpg and
patrics
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Steve,

Thats great. Thanks for posting the pic's. I see it all now. You have the normal type Elan braided pipes with the banjo fitting and copper washers. Only difference being that they top mount rather than side mount. Sorted! I will get some pipes.

Steve W. Thanks too for your offer, sorted now.

Thanks Mike

:)
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: patrics » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:08 am

Hi Mike

I make up my own pipes and will put a bit of rubber on the pipe where it contacts the upright.
You could still use the standard jump pipe which would have been on all Triumph installations which takes away this contact point but I will check on a regular basis to make sure every thing is all right.

Regards
Steve
patrics
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: