Dual servo plus 2

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi

I have in my plus 2 a dual servo system. My car is lhd and was for the swiss Market (the reason of the dual system).
I have bought 2 new lockheed servos and now I don?t have much space. I have install a Tony Thompson Racing aluminium radiator with the radiator header port there isn?t space for 2 servos. Has someone install one of the servo in the front of the car?

Regards

Diego
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: c42 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:50 pm

c42
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:08 pm

The late-model 130?s that came through Millerton New York distributorship were air-conditioned and in that process they moved one of the servos to the nose. So in renewing my air conditioning I kept it in the nose but rather than just bolted through I bonded into three Bobbins?its just worked around the air horns and the air cleaner . Gordon Sauer
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Gordon Sauer wrote:The late-model 130?s that came through Millerton New York distributorship were air-conditioned and in that process they moved one of the servos to the nose. So in renewing my air conditioning I kept it in the nose but rather than just bolted through I bonded into three Bobbins?its just worked around the air horns and the air cleaner . Gordon Sauer

Thank you for the answer. Can you send some pics?

Regards
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:34 pm

p7270008.jpg and
Before radiator and other parts installed
I had similar problem. Photo of my solution. Remember to have the servos positioned as in instructions. Bob
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 pm

This is a left hand drive car and the air cleaner is in it?s usual place pretty much in the center, with the trunking you see going off to the right (from the driver seated perspective)and to the right of that is the Girling brake servo but I think the Lockheed are pretty similar in the space they take up. The server is turned so the piston assembly is towards the back of the car so what you see is that diaphragm part of the curling unit. Gordon Sauer
Attachments
54e14703-a62d-48d5-8b83-97dccbc4cd21.jpeg and
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: