Brake Pad Rattles

PostPost by: worzel » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:49 am

Hi Message for Nick Godfrey

Nick- you kindly replied to my request for a cure. Unfortunately the link you gave doesn't appear to be working this end. Sorry to ask but could you repeat the gist of it on the forum.

Many thanks

John
worzel
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Nick Godfrey » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:01 pm

Hi,
Mine had the same problem with the brakes and I added 3M sticky backed pads between the pistons and pads. The pads are designed for the job and the problem has now been cured. I think that they were about ? 4.00. If you want a set, let me know and I can get them and post them to you.

Where abouts are you located ?

Regards,

Nick. :D
Nick Godfrey
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:25 pm

Greetings, I think that 3m product can be bought in a small sheet and any brake pad can be placed on it, traced around the outer edge and cut with scissors. It's cured many a Volvo brake squeak for me.
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: worzel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:01 pm

Hi Nick

Thanks for the info.

I'd be interested in a set if it's not too much trouble for you to obtain one.

I'm in Merseyside incidentally.

John
worzel
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:05 pm

Would the double-sided sticky tape used for carpets not do this job? I recently fitted +2 front caplipers to my Sprint and I was convinced by the very loud rattling noise that some major part of the car was trying to fall off- it turned out to be the front pads rattling.
I could not at that time obtain the shims but have (yesterday) receiv :ph34r: ed some from Rimmer Bros who are an excellent source for Triumph parts in the UK. I will fit them today and try the sticky tape too.

Cheers,

Pete
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: