sign that the end of times may be near - LOTUS perfume?

PostPost by: marcfuller » Wed May 10, 2006 5:43 pm

"New men?s fragrance from Lotus cars"

Nothing speaks to Lotus' heritage and performance like ... the perfume of ... "violets, Calabrian lemons, lavender, lilac, moss from the English countryside and black currants" ... WTF!? and no castor?

http://www.forbesautos.com/news/headlin ... rance.html

Wonder if Colin has a revlimiter in his grave?
-Marc '66 Elan DHC (36/6025)
http://www.lotuselan.us
marcfuller
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Rob_LaMoreaux » Wed May 10, 2006 6:06 pm

Colin would enjoy the idea. Money and brand recognition coming in without having to spend much. Sounds right up his alley.

Of course in order for it to authentic it really should add the scent from the exhaust of an engine running slightly rich on race fuel, or at least Castrol oil.

I know my wife would enjoy that more than lavender and lilac getting her allergies going.

Rob
Rob_LaMoreaux
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: lotusdelta » Wed May 10, 2006 8:38 pm

nothing like the smell of damp carpets and castor oil to get the heart racing....hey wait second im getting it for nothing !!
lotusdelta
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 pm

Can't agree more,

The sharp smell of Castrol R (Mmmm, the smell of a twin cam or a Cooper S coming through the forest at full pelt) mixed with the whiff of petrol and a bit of rich exhaust. What more can a guy need (apart from a few beers or a wee dram). Memory city!! :shock:

Hope Colin's rev limiter is set to 'low' 8) otherwise this girlie stuff wil have him at 12,000 revs. Not good :(

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed May 10, 2006 10:10 pm

Most of the old Elans I've bought smell like old trainers that have run the marathon a few times, but a new carpet set and felt sorts that out. No, the proper smell of an Elan (apart from the 'R' mentioned above) must be of hot oil with a hint of fibreglass resin and petrol. And the smell of fear when it crosses the mind every so often just how bloody dangerous this mix is :shock:
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: M100 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:02 pm

The Lotus fibreglass smell is the styrene in the polyester resin. While it is normally pre-mixed in with the resin itself some places do sell it seperately. A few lifted carpets and a dab here and there maintains that factory fresh smell.

Then the only problem is buying petrol at 1972 prices.
Martin
72 Sprint DHC
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Sun May 28, 2006 10:01 pm

After one of those 'special - I didn't die after all' moments, I notice that Lotus brand toilet paper is available in France....

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: