woodvale

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Anyone going to Woodvale this weekend,looks like the weather is going to be good....

http://www.woodvale-rally.org.uk/

Hopefully I'll be doing both days

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gordonlund » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi John,

Club Lotus North West and the Cheshire Section will be there as usual. I think we had about 30 cars there last year. See photo. Rhubarbs on the right of the Pistachio Green over white Sprint. We go on Sunday. Saturday, being the 1st Sat in the month is Club Lotus North West meet at the Crown, Worthington, Standish Wigan 12:00 - 3:00 pm. If anyone is in the North of England this weekend, where else is there to go!!!

Woodvale is one of the biggest events in the country but rarely advertised. It doesn't need to.

See you there.

Gordon Lund
Attachments
P8060045web.JPG and
Woodvale Rally 2006.
Club Lotus Stand
gordonlund
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:14 pm

Gordon
Rarely advertised,yes,but only last night caught the back end of an advert for it on Granada TV.....

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gordonlund » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi John,

Only in recent years have they had a slot on Granada. When I started going in 82 (I still have the plaque) I only got to hear about it by word of mouth. Since then it has got bigger and bigger. It started off purely as model plane flying competition then cars, bikes trucks and buses followed along with a few side shows. It is a mamoth show now and maybe the expanse of sideshows and brick a brack (Tat) detract from what it used to be.

Nether the less it is still a great classic vehicle show in all it's forms with something for everyone. It never gets boggy if it rains due to the sandy soil and we always have a great time with the Lotus crowd.
See you there

Gordon
gordonlund
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: