Southern Ireland

PostPost by: dougweall » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:37 pm

Gents,

Should have posted this a wee while back now, only just got round to it.
Anyway, went across the sea to Ireland a couple of months ago in my Lotus.

Now you may or may not have seen Pete Mallinson's web site listed on his posts for their B and B, I can thoroughly recommend Pete and Amanda's hospitality. If Pete is there you can talk all things Lotus and look at his +2.

We were made very welcome, by all people we met down there. Some very nice Lotus roads, and I must say some not so nice :shock: , but in the main :lol:, if any of you do decide to take a trip over, don't forget your walking boots as well, the scenery is stunning.

As usual, no vested interest just one happy bunny that I went for a look see and I would like to go back sometime to venture a little further.

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: dusty » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:20 pm

If anyone (or a group) does come over, do stick up a post, there are quite a few Lotus Owners over here and we could arrange something.

Glad you enjoyed your visit. I've lived here 10 Years now (originally from Surrey) and on the whole its a great place. It would take something very drastic to make me consider moving back to Blighty.

Cheers
Jon
dusty
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Frank Howard » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:29 pm

dougweall wrote:went across the sea to Ireland a couple of months ago in my Lotus.

Your name wouldn't be Bond would it? James Bond? :wink:
Frank Howard
'71 S4 SE
Minnesota
Frank Howard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:07 pm

Frank Howard wrote:
dougweall wrote:went across the sea to Ireland a couple of months ago in my Lotus.

Your name wouldn't be Bond would it? James Bond? :wink:

:lol: Nice one Frank, I should have seen that coming , but was too busy thinking about what to say.

Jon, I know Pete Mallinson would be keen to be involved with a group of Lotus guys coming over.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mopho » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:49 am

Been over several times for the Killarney Historic Rally. It is beautiful

Hopefully someday I will get the chance to see the sun shine on the country before I get on the plane to go home
67 Elan S3
04 Caterham 7 Superlight R
www.morgansegal.com
mopho
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: