6 hours of spa

PostPost by: RobCapper » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi - anyone been? any tips/poiinters - good or bad?
RobCapper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Vanden Perre » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:42 pm

I have been several times. Only 100 miles from home! Great when the weather is like last year (sunny all week-end). Generaly when it's raining I stay at home!! Entry used to be free but now it is 10 or 15 ?. Few spectators which I think is better. Definetely not Silverstone CLassic or Goodwood Revival but the circuit is much better even if they destroy it a little bit more every year to make it Formula 1 friendly!! The best way to enjoy it is to walk all along the circuit and not stay in the main grandstand even if you can enjoy Eau Rouge from there.
The 6 hours race is good but there are plenty of other races. (Grand Prix Masters, touring cars, Formula Junior...). Have a look on the web site for the complete program.

Olivier.
Vanden Perre
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RobCapper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 am

I was thinking of going this year instead of the revival, which I've now been to three years on the boiunce... thought it might be a nice alternative... are you saying it's a bit small? the website says 600 cars and 20 races, and a decent range of cars.... it's very cheap tho! :D
RobCapper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Vanden Perre » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Hello Rob,

I've never been to the Revival so I can not compare. But for what I saw in magazines or on the web, the Revival is definetly another kind of meeting. Now it's true there are a lot of cars and races at the Spa 6 hours and it's worth the visit especialy if you have never been at Spa before.
As a conclusion, I would say: Come to Spa (preferably with your Elan) and we will have a beer together!!

Olivier.
Vanden Perre
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: chrishewett » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:52 am

Rob,
I have been to Spa many times for different events ( I am going to the GP in sept) and I can highly recommend it. In spite of all the work carried out recently it still retains great charm. There are loads of good viewing points. There are a lot of great driving roads in the area but watch the police and make sure you have all your documents with you. Last year we were stopped and thought the car was going to be confiscated. The policeman said " No documents in Belgium no drive in Belgium". Fortunately he finally took 90 euros from us and let us go.
Good restaurants in Stavelot and lovely countryside.
Bad point - A Belgian guy we met in the Racing hotel over a drink said that it only rains at Spa twice a year - both times for 6 months!
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:20 am

The GT Racer programme shown on Dave (Freeview) channel on Saturday featured the Spa 6 hours (not sure which year). It is highly likely to be repeated - good old Freeview... :lol:

:arrow: Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: