things to do

PostPost by: JJDraper » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:17 pm

As part of my ongoing resto I have a handfull of Lotus letters....

There is an ongoing discussion between two parties as to which type of letters fixing to use - correct small hole allowing letters to sit flush on the surface or later plastic insert for the metal pin... Boredom

The later type means you can change the letters around quite freely.... What message would you send?

Jeremy
Attachments
U Sot.JPG and
O Lust.JPG and
Slut.JPG and
Tu Slo.JPG and
Lost.JPG and
Soul.JPG and
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 am

Some years ago I made an off-road buggy from a Fiat 126. Some Newcastle firm, AFN ?? sold a chassis come roll cage and still do for Minis I think. On the back I had a sticker saying NO FEAR T and on the front a Lotus badge doctored to say LOUTS. How amusing I thought.
To fasten the letters I suggest a very slightly oversize hole and a blob of bahroom-type mastic squidged from the back. Secure yet removable without paint damage.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: yandy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:41 am

On my late hand-painted red, green and yellow Mk1 Vauxhall RASTA, I resorted to using contact adhesive. Damage to paintwork by glue or lamp-post wasn't an issue I let myself worry about too much.
Exceedingly yellow '68 +2

Todays top tip: create a spooky lighting effect by forgetting to switch off and remove your torch from the nose area before refitting the grille.
yandy
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: