Lotus Show 2010 !?!

PostPost by: Old English White » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:27 pm

... Donington or anywhere else !?! And when !?!
We are a few froggies waiting for a date ...
If some of you hear about ...
Christian.
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi

Page 23 of the new Club Lotus mag says 3 Counties Showground at Malvern 17/18 April 2010

Hope this helps

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dusty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:23 pm

I'm looking forward to it already, hoping to have my completed Lotus Seven there if all goes to plan. :D
dusty
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:36 am

Christian,
You guys are so lucky. Have fun and I'll remain a Lotus Loving Orphan in the States.

I thought about going to Indy last year but I'm not a member and from what I understand "ours" are closed events.

I enjoyed your youtube links on the cyber topic, especially the rallye footage.

Eric
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:43 am

1964 S1 wrote:Christian,
You guys are so lucky. Have fun and I'll remain a Lotus Loving Orphan in the States.

I thought about going to Indy last year but I'm not a member and from what I understand "ours" are closed events.

I enjoyed your youtube links on the cyber topic, especially the rallye footage.

Eric

Eric,
There is no reasons not to be as lucky as me .
When I join the french Lotus Club I was alone , waiting for something ...
Another member discover that we were neighbours and we meet the same day ... And so on.
If you don't know other lotus owners , You just have to be persuasive , drive friends for a tour , I am sure that one of them will be bitten .
Speaking about my Youtube's ; thanks but ... everything is made with an old Sony DSC and MovieMaker , a software included with every basic computer package. The 26R GTS ones are made with a newer Samsung's but it remain the same simple mode.
+
Let's show us your Elan , I , we are waiting for U ... And I ll help you with the Youtube part if necessary .
Christian. :mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Malvern?.....must have been a clash at Donington with a Formula1 meet....

John :lol:

P.S. will now have to book a B&B..
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am

I am confused....I just did a search on Malvern and there was talk of a disappointing CL show at Malvern in October 2009. How come the same show is running only 6 months later...and is it going to be better?

Rich
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gino1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:55 am

Hi All,
I sincerely hope the dates have not changed cos' i've booked car, flight and hotel for 17th &18th April !!
See you all there.
Gino
Milano
Italy
1964 Elan S2 Roadster
1965 Elan S2 Roadster
1965 Elan S3 Coupe
1968 Elan S4 Coupe
1969 Elan +2
1968 Lotus Seven S3
1982 Lotus Esprit S3
1961 Ford Anglia
2000 Lotus Elise Motorsport-56
gino1
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:04 am

Particularly as the other date was 4 months ago!
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

Where's the confusion coming from Guys?
The Lotus Show will take place at the "Three Counties Show Ground" in Malvern on 17th & 18th April 2010
That's what it says on the Ticket that I already have!
The last Lotus bash was the "Parts Fair" which was also held there instead of the old Venue of Stonliegh.
Personally I hope that Club Lotus will reinstate Donington as the Venue whenever it is possible but hey ho, I haven't seen how the Malvern Venue works yet; maybe it is better than Donington?

It's a bit less than an hour's drive from Bristol Airport Gino.
Christian, if you're planning your Route to include the M4 Motorway, be very careful with your speed; I believe they measure "average speed" over it's whole length.

Hope to see you there.
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:01 am

D.J.Pelly wrote:Where's the confusion coming from Guys?
The Lotus Show will take place at the "Three Counties Show Ground" in Malvern on 17th & 18th April 2010
The last Lotus bash was the "Parts Fair" which was also held there instead of the old Venue of Stonliegh.
Personally I hope that Club Lotus will reinstate Donington as the Venue whenever it is possible but hey ho, I haven't seen how the Malvern Venue works yet; maybe it is better than Donington?

Christian, if you're planning your Route to include the M4 Motorway, be very careful with your speed; I believe they measure "average speed" over it's whole length.

Hope to see you there.
John

Just me.....with both events being run by CL at the same venue and with the April 2009 show at Donnington also looking like a parts fair down one end of the hall made me wonder what was going on.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:04 am

richgilb wrote:
D.J.Pelly wrote:Where's the confusion coming from Guys?

Hope to see you there.
John

Just me.....with both events being run by CL at the same venue and with the April 2009 show at Donnington also looking like a parts fair down one end of the hall made me wonder what was going on.

I read somewhere that "Sanatogen" can help :lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 am

Fighting talk....please upload a pic of the car that you will be arriving in. :twisted:
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 am

richgilb wrote:Fighting talk....please upload a pic of the car that you will be arriving in. :twisted:

Peugeot Partner = (Berlingo)
No Photo, just use your imagination!

Hoping to fill it with Goodies to bring back to Germany :wink:
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:17 am

Hi Guys,

I've been in touch with Alan Morgan at Club Lotus & he's informed me that he can allocate us a meeting place, probably somewhere close to the Club Lotus Stand.
If we're lucky he may also be able to find a few Chairs so that we can rest our weary legs.
He's not sure if that posh LotusElan.net Sign still exists but will search for it.
Just in case if anyone of you is there early enough or even during the "set-up" on Friday maybe you could dream up an alternative to indicate the Forum meeting place.

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: