Big Question. The Lotus Show

PostPost by: 69S4 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 am

trw99 wrote:Donington/Malvern is the Club Lotus Show & Festival, where the idea is to show our cars, buy some parts, meet some traders, clubs, other enthusiasts and have a general get together. It could be argued that combining it with track time detracts from the day. After all, Club Lotus have Castle Combe and other days when the purpose is to get out on the track and have some fun. Why not keep the two separate?

I know some will say Donington always worked well, keep it the same. Others may say more folk are attracted if there is also the opportunity to take the car on the track.

Tim

A few spirited laps of the circuit thrown in as part of your ticket price might do wonders for the profits of those dealers selling spare parts. :lol: :lol:
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 pm

trw99 wrote:Interesting point Christian.

Donington/Malvern is the Club Lotus Show & Festival, where the idea is to show our cars, buy some parts, meet some traders, clubs, other enthusiasts and have a general get together. It could be argued that combining it with track time detracts from the day. After all, Club Lotus have Castle Combe and other days when the purpose is to get out on the track and have some fun. Why not keep the two separate?

I know some will say Donington always worked well, keep it the same. Others may say more folk are attracted if there is also the opportunity to take the car on the track. I am not supporting one view or the other, I just wondered how others felt.

Personally, I prefer the Malvern location for our 'Show & Tell'!

Tim

Tim ,
From my point of view -foreigner doing the trip once a year- , this Show should stay as an exceptionnal combinaison and not move to a big "monthly rendez-vous" .
If it stay like that , it ll be another Stoneleigh ....
Even speaking about parts & shiny bits , Donington was better .
I have the feeling that the traders of our interests (I am not speaking about keys older !) are often close to the race too ...
No problem with "Show & tell" , but you have to admit that at Malvern you had first to 1: found the car , 2: found the owner . Its messy parking arrangment doesn't help . And I am not talking about to park our cars like the M100 club did ; color per color (maybe in order of chassis# !?!).
Christian. :mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed May 05, 2010 12:49 pm

If I remember correctly the Track time at Donington was a feature that was available for only a couple of years.
I was there on at least one of those occasions but found the time spent in the Exhibition Hall & outside in the Car Park left little or no time to get down to the Track.
One important feature of Donington for those that got there only very infrequently was the fabulous "Wheatcroft Collection".
I wonder what will happen to that if/when everything goes totally Blackbirds up at Donington? :roll:

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: