Delamare Road yesterday and nearly fifty years ago

PostPost by: Maureen B-N » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 am

Definitely not for me :shock:
Maureen B-N
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Then I take it you don't want to hear about ice fishing or ice racing or snowmobile racing . Gilles Villeneuve was the first to figure out he could deflect the warm air from his breath with racers tape so the visor would not freeze up and impede his visibility when he raced snowmobiles ----ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Maureen B-N » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm

The very word 'ice' strikes terror to my heart :) But maybe those snow things you ride around on could be fun ?
Maureen B-N
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Pretty much ... you have to leave your clothes on :lol: . but if you start with a barn find like this you end up with a good car in the spring ..it was chilly outside .ed
Attachments
lotus restoration 014.jpgCHASSIS .jpg and
Lotus41_chassis_iso01.pdf
(146.15 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Maureen B-N » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Did you renovate that ? Well done. In the picture it somewhat resembles the Elan and Seven which are rotting around the corner from me (damn !) :cry:
Maureen B-N
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 pm

a little thought a manual and some cheap tools and you can do it too ----really ---ed
Attachments
DSC02941-1.jpg
DSC02941-1.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 8070 times

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Maureen B-N » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 pm

I guess an engineer Degree helps .....
Maureen B-N
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm

so.... are writing?????ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Maureen B-N » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:31 am

Yes Ed, I am writing. Slow going though - only 2K words so far :oops: But already some 'interesting stuff' ....
Maureen B-N
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 am

Good for you.....we wait breathlessly,,Snow is on the way and something good to read beside the fire along with warming fluids is needed,,,...........HARUMPH .....WERE STILL WAITING ......SNOW IS COMING .....ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 am

have the lions got you Maureen?????ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 pm

So on my way to Heathrow I did one of my pilgrimages & went by the old Cheshunt factory. Absolutely raining Cats & Dogs, but enjoy the pictures.

The Building to the right were the main Offices with the factory behind. Unlike prior posts the factory is now inhabited by Plastek & very busy which bodes well for their survival. The offices seem to be not used, window frames were busy rotting away etc.
Attachments
Cheshunt_004sm.jpg and
Lotus Components site, now Monster Gym
Cheshunt_005sm.jpg and
Main Plant with Cortina ramp, busy with Plastek activity
Cheshunt_009sm.jpg and
Main Offices, old main factory behind
Cheshunt_007sm.jpg and
Site Overview, Lotus Components on the left, main Offices & factory on the right
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Maureen B-N » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 am

Great pictures - thank you. To the best of my recollection, the building now used by Monster Gym was also where Team Lotus was located.

I am still writing - but it won't be finished this winter ...
Maureen B-N
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Maureen B-N wrote:Great pictures - thank you. To the best of my recollection, the building now used by Monster Gym was also where Team Lotus was located.

I think I read somewhere that Seven (7) production was down stairs & Team Lotus upstairs, they must have all been very short people!
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Maureen B-N » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 pm

I don't remember it that way. It was a long time ago but I seem to remember Components people were in the offices at the front, and Team Lotus has the rest of the building. Of course I could be wrong.
Maureen B-N
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: