DVLA Woes

PostPost by: Lyn7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 am

Hi. I agree Kev. It's their way or no way. Never wrong and never lose anything or make a mistake!?
Damn, I didn't want to appear too negative :shock: cheers, Lyn..
Lyn7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: silverlink » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi all,
Many thanks for all your suggestions, I'm pleased to tell you I have finally got sorted out with the DVLA. A massive thanks to Alan Morgan chairman of Club Lotus for all his help in sorting this out for me.
Alan wrote me a letter which I forwarded on to the DVLA along with copies of previous V5's and photos of actual Vin plate and registration plate on the car.
A new V5 arrived today with the full Vin number on it, seems my original only had the last five digits of the Vin on it, something that often happened when Lotus registered the cars according to Alan.
Anyhow all is well now.
Thanks
Ian H
silverlink
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:27 pm

a month to sort it that's pretty good.

wasn't worth panicking over!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Similar sistuation with my Caterham7, built in 87 but never road registered, I registered in around 2000 (memory hazy) I wanted an exemption from SVA as the vehicle was over 10 years old and not within the scope of the SVA regulations, long battle which I finally won, many inspections, they wrote saying that the vehicle was not new (clever these guys :roll: ) and could not have a new number plate but would be issued with an age related or Q plate, fine, just what I wanted.

Then I got a V5 with a new registration showing manufacture and fist registration date as 2000 :shock:

That was fine by me as well as it meant I could put my personal plate on it, now the vehicle is 30 years old I would like to register it here in France, its possible as a vehicule de collection, otherwise its a complete no-no, problem is that on paper (which is the most important thing is France) its only 16 or so years old.

Its been off the garaged (UK) and on SORN since I left the UK in 2004, I reckon trying to get the DVLA to correct their mistake will be opening a big can of worms and I might lose my personal plate, not that it has seen outside the dust cover in 14 years.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 am

This date of first registration situation with imported cars is nothing new.

My 1965 manufactured S2 was sold direct (as a kit) from Cheshunt to a buyer in The Channel Islands, & then imported back into the UK in 1968, hence the old green log book (& now the V5) have always shown 1968 as the dofr, & the car carries a G registration letter.

This has never caused any problems, & the historic vehicle status was established based on the date of manufacture.

I get asked about this quite regularly.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:55 am

Maulden7 wrote:This date of first registration situation with imported cars is nothing new.

My 1965 manufactured S2 was sold direct (as a kit) from Cheshunt to a buyer in The Channel Islands, & then imported back into the UK in 1968, hence the old green log book (& now the V5) have always shown 1968 as the dofr, & the car carries a G registration letter.

This has never caused any problems, & the historic vehicle status was established based on the date of manufacture.

I get asked about this quite regularly.

Funny! My Sprint was first registered in Guernsey in December 1973, though it was Manufactured eighteen months earlier. When the car was registered on the mainland the in 2001 the DVLA gave it a K plate for '72, not an M for '73. I think also the dealer that registered the car at the time wanted it to be pre-'73 to avoid road tax. I am trying get it registered correctly.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: