Moving to the Philadelphia area

PostPost by: Woodboater » Wed May 01, 2019 2:44 pm

I am looking for some connections in the Philly area, need some reasonable shops to get some stuff done, brakes, etc on a Plus 2 I am acquiring in June, also may be interested in someplace to store a car or two. Will be in the Wayne area and will also be looking for a house/garage to rent. I would also like to know what the local Lotus Club is and if there is a Saturday breakfast or anything. Thanks in advance.

Blake Long
'60 Elite CBU1122
Blake Long
Elite CBU1122
Woodboater
New-tral

PostPost by: Certified Lotus » Thu May 02, 2019 10:51 am

Hi Blake, the local Lotus Club in the Philadelphia area is PALS. I see you just joined so you are now well connected. We are conducting a Garage Tour this year of personal members garages that is a big social event. You have missed the first three, but many more through the year.

I don?t know the garage/ house market in Wayne so no help on that front. If your looking for specific shops that work on classic Lotus cars in the area you will be out of luck on that front. Many British Car shops that work on all types of cars, but it will be tough to find one that knows Lotus extremely well.

The best shop to use would be Union Jack Exotics in Maryland. Don Butler owns an Elan and is extremely knowledgeable. It?s a bit of a drive but will be worth it. Ragtops and Roadsters is another shop to consider as they have worked on their share of Lotus cars (including full restorations).

Nice Elite you have! Hope to meet you in person once you get settled in.

Glen
Glen
05 Elise - Back where I started
65 Elan S2 - 26/4055
72 Europa - 74/2358R
69 Elan S4 - 45/7941
64 Elan S1 - 26/0379
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car
06 Elise - Track pack
Certified Lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Woodboater » Thu May 02, 2019 5:45 pm

I will be driving out the weekend of the 17th, have to get in a temporary place, and get ready to start work on the 20th. If I get out there in time I will make the activity on Saturday, if not, the following weekend I will for sure be available. Look forward to getting back out to the coast.

See y'all soon.

Blake
Blake Long
Elite CBU1122
Woodboater
New-tral

Total Online: