ChatGPT

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:19 pm

The uses seem endless.

Likely the most important thing in 20 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChatGPT
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:20 pm

I think I will use it in many new ways, it wrights programs, searches, checks, its total Artificial Intelligence for daft i :D
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Andy8421 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:02 pm

I just got my login to chatGPT to work. If you have any interest in this field I would strongly recommend you have a try. It really is quite impressive.

In response to "Are you familiar with the Lotus Elan car?", the response was:

Yes, the Lotus Elan is a sports car that was produced by Lotus Cars, a British automotive company founded by Colin Chapman. The Elan was introduced in 1962 and was available in both coupe and convertible body styles. It was known for its light weight, agile handling, and attractive design. The original Elan used a fiberglass monocoque chassis and was powered by a Ford-derived four-cylinder engine. It was followed by several updates and variations, including the Elan +2, which added two rear seats, and the Elan M100, which was produced in the 1990s and featured a front-wheel drive layout and a four-cylinder engine sourced from Isuzu. The Elan was in production until 1975 and has since become a popular collector's car.
68 Elan S3 HSCC Roadsports spec
71 Elan Sprint (being restored)
32 Standard 12
Various modern stuff
Andy8421
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: snowyelan » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:54 pm

Fiberglass monocoque chassis? News to me....

I played with ChatGPT a bit. My conclusion is that it gives you the 'bones' to work with when drafting something, but fails in the details requiring fact checking and correction.
Scott
45/9011
Hawkestone, On, Ca
snowyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:19 am

A bit mixed up with facts.
It was the Elite type 14 with Monocoque.
The idea of Monocoque for the Elan was dropped and i think Hickman came up with the "Origami" sub frame(chassis).
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Andy8421 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:20 am

snowyelan wrote:Fiberglass monocoque chassis? News to me....

I played with ChatGPT a bit. My conclusion is that it gives you the 'bones' to work with when drafting something, but fails in the details requiring fact checking and correction.

As Alan correctly points out, it looks like chatGPT got the Elite and the Elan mixed up.

None the less, as beta software for free (and the disclaimer on logging in does warn that it will get stuff wrong), the output is remarkable. Proper sentence construction, punctuation, and amazing detailed knowledge. I quizzed it on technical aspects of my (ex) profession, and it was as a good as reading a text book.

Back when the BBC didn't treat you as if you had the mental capacity of a doorstop, there was an excellent series under the 'Horizon' banner. I think it was rebadged 'Nova' and available in the US on PBS. One of the most remarkable programmes (IMO) they produced was about the likely impact of microprocessors on working life in the UK. If you have time and a BBC iPlayer login, I would very much recommend it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01z4rrj/horizon-19771978-now-the-chips-are-down

In summary, it accurately predicted the de-skilling of work across the service and production industries and the likely impact on the working life of a significant proportion of the UK population.

Those of us in the 'knowledge professions' felt safe, there was no way a computer could possibly do our jobs - until now. Maybe I should petition the BBC to do an update to their original programme focussing on the impact of systems like chatGPT - if they can fit it in between the cookery programs and dance competitions.
68 Elan S3 HSCC Roadsports spec
71 Elan Sprint (being restored)
32 Standard 12
Various modern stuff
Andy8421
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:22 pm

What is the address to try-out ChatGPT, there are many links on the Wikipedia article & none that I found led to the interface or an interface with ChatGPT.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: snowyelan » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:35 pm

https://chat.openai.com/auth/login

Yes, it appears that the elite got mixed in with the elan, which was my point about having to fact check its output. A layman reading it wouldn't know the difference, which seems dangerous in some situations.

I see this as a great tool for reducing keystrokes, creating a template which we can simply tune to suit, which will save time.
Scott
45/9011
Hawkestone, On, Ca
snowyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:38 pm

Surely in its infancy, try it for writing a poem or story, song etc.
Think of all the new Christmas carols you can memorize.
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: