Zetec bike carbs and Nodiz

PostPost by: miked » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:14 am

I am pontificating on maybe fitting fuel injection my 2 litre Zetec this winter. Currently running on Zx9r 1999 bike carbs with Danst inlet manifold and Nodiz ignition. Goes like stink and just completed 1000 plus mile trip to Scotland. I would like to have a go at installing later bike throttle bodies to see how that is. ME221 ecu.
If anybody is intetested in going down this route i can work out a price. Plus i can take you out in the car for a good run. Dyno at 176 with flat line torque. Could have made over 200 without airbox. Don't like indiction noise.
I have posted previously about this with photos. Nice dry cleaner running carbs.
Appologies to the purists but less bore washing. :shock:

Mike :D
Mike

Elan S4 Zetec
Suzuki Hustler T250
Suzuki TC120R trailcat
Yamaha YR5
Suzuki Vstrom 650XT
Suzuki TS185K
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ill_will » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:48 pm

Hi Mike,

Did you make anyy progress with the ME221? I am thinking about using a ME221 or ME360 (basically same but more I/O) and wondered if you had any success. Looks like a decent unit. The others I've read about so far are the Emerald K6+ and EcuMaster EMU black/classic.

It sounds like a few people on here have used the Emerald successfully, but also that it is an older unit now. Interested in anyone's experience with any of the above.

Cheers

Willl
ill_will
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:51 pm

Hi

I am doing a Zetec at the moment and decided to use the original ECU on the basis that it is more sophisticated than the aftermarket offerings, and Ford invested a lot of money into the R&D and getting it to work properly. From what I understand that is. It is also quite adaptive and has an immobiliser built into the ECU. I have almost finished the loom and hope to fire up the engine very soon. There has been a lot written on this on the internet.

Its just another alternative.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:45 am

Hi Will,

No i havent, moved house so been busy. Plus getting more of a buzz on the motorcycle restoration and riding these days.
Who knows, when the weather gets better i may have a go.

Cheers Mike
Mike

Elan S4 Zetec
Suzuki Hustler T250
Suzuki TC120R trailcat
Yamaha YR5
Suzuki Vstrom 650XT
Suzuki TS185K
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: