New Plus 2 owner

PostPost by: rod4go » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 am

Bought blue plus2 in November . Been refurbished mechanically but seats are tired. Has excellent galvanised chassis . Tried to post last week with details of my previous periods of Lotus ownership but seems to have got lost so I thought I would keep this simple! Based in Farnham Surrey .
rod4go
New-tral

PostPost by: andyhodg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Welcome rod4go
what year is your +2, tell us a little more about it,
What work do you have planned etc.

Best regards

Andy
andyhodg
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: potleyu18 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi,
Glad to hear that your bought the car if you ever need any help i'm only based in Camberley and have been restoring my Plus 2 for the past three years and gained a useful amount of information.

Steve
potleyu18
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 pm

.....and Mattelan and I are in Fleet, both with Plus 2s in not quite road-worthy condition.
Maybe we should have a drink one night.
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Welcome aboard! They are great cars! :)
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rod4go » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Sorry I have to busy to notice all the helpful and welcoming replies. The plus 2 is 1974 ,lagoon blue, starts and runs well ( leaks a bit of oil but I know getting them oil tight is difficult !) Brakes seem to need pumping to bite firmly despite being bled. Has tired oatmeal interior and I can see why lots of owners change to black. Bought 2 secondhand seats off eBay and have dismantled the bases and ordered new rubber diaphragms. Would like to do something with the foam but only black covers with foam attached is available? May try getting something the same shape from scrapyard and pulling cover over. Has anyone tried this?
rod4go
New-tral

Total Online: