+2

PostPost by: Jaybee » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Hello my name is John living in Ascot and have just acquired a +2 S130/5 Lagoon blue silver roof it had been garaged for 12 years but looks as if it had a good quality restoration just before being purchased and then garaged by the previous owner. I can trace it back to an auction in Hendon in 2000 when it sold for ?6900.

I would like to find its history and in particular details of the restoration , it's off the road at this time as I am working on the distributor ( which is from a BDA perhaps it's had some engine tuning as this has the wrong advance curve for the std engine!) and carbs and then looking to get it running and then tackle the interior (completely shot) and the body (was a fantastic respray) but now has bubbles on every panel.

John........
Jaybee
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Welcome. Not too far away from you - I'm in Fleet.

To get history on the car your options include posting he rego here, contacting the Lotus Archivist Andy Graham ([email protected]), and requesting previous owner details from DVLA. I can't remember which form you need for the DVLA, but a quick search on this site will provide the details, plus wording for a suitable justification for the data.
Peter
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am

The form Peter is referring to is a V888, downloadable here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/V888.pdf

What comes back varies, some get more information than others.

Good luck

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:31 pm

I remembered there was a lot of 8s :-)
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: