New S2 owner

PostPost by: tesprit » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi all,
I have been lurking on this site for quite a few years absorbing information about Elans and finally I have managed to purchase one. It is a '66 S2 RHD and is in dire need of bodywork and new paint. Currently it is dark green with a lot of gray primer over some old body repairs and what is left of the green paint is about 30 years old. It is also missing a fair number of parts and I will be starting the challenge of sourcing some hard to find parts as well. This will most likely be a two to three year restoration at best and I am hoping to have it done by its 50th birthday, but we all know how likely that is when trying to restore an Elan. While I work on this Elan I have a Lotus Elise and an Alfa Romeo Spider to drive so getting my sports car driving fix before the Elan is restored should not be a problem.

TIA for all of the Elan technical information you guys have posted and/or will post and I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum.

Dan

(For those of you wondering about my screen name. At the time I originally joined this forum I owned an '86 Turbo Esprit that later was sold to purchase the Elise.)
'66 Elan S2
'05 Lotus Elise
'96 Ferrari F355 GTS
tesprit
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 65sunbeam » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Welcome Dan!
It is good to hear that there is another S2 here in the SE. You have likely met some of the Atlanta Elan owners at various shows near you. I live in South Carolina and have a RHD S2 that sounds like your car as it needs paint and a few other parts as well. Have fun with your project! Eric
65sunbeam
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tesprit » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks Eric! Yes, I do know some of the others here in the Atlanta area one of whom helped me with questions when I was purchasing the car. There are three of us now that moved here from the Chicago area where we met as local members of the Lotus Corps club. We are still members of that tri-state club, but are now the displaced to the southeast members. If you find yourself in the Atlanta area, feel free to look me up.
'66 Elan S2
'05 Lotus Elise
'96 Ferrari F355 GTS
tesprit
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: