Hello!

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Malcolm

Got the strut fixed thanks. The previous owner kindly provided a replacement which I fitted. I also fitted new caliper bolts and used securing wire as an additional safety measure.

Just bought a few bits and pieces for the front suspension, so plan to strip and powder coat wishbones etc. during the winter.

Hope your Elan is going well. There always something to do on these cars, not unlike Caterhams!

Tony
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Hi Tony
I ve been looking at the Elan's electrics, started out to make the wipers work properly and ended up removing 47 years worth of redundant add wiring by previous owners, some rather alarming!
Caterham is a bit unloved at the moment, but now a rolling chassis and ready for engine and gearbox.
IMG_0468.JPG and
Caterham 7 rolling chassis

How's the front suspension rebuild on your Plus 2?
Malcolm
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bloodknock » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 pm

You hay not be alone soon! My wife has a hankering for us to return to North Wales, we used to live in Penryn Bay, but moved to the East Midlands ten years ago. Lived in the area for 15 years ish and all the time my sprint sat there waiting waiting waiting :? Finally retired and am getting it back on the road, along with a 911 and Frogeye. You never know, may see you up there sometime, up there later this week house hunting in the Rhos area. Hope your imigration papers are in order, I was naturalised years ago!
Bob
I've got a deadline, at 73, I want to finish it before I die!
bloodknock
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Hello Bloodknock, welcome back! You never know, my accumulated time in Wales might be more than yours :)
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Malcolm

It will certainly keep you busy working on both the Elan & Caterham!

Good luck with the electrics, other than tidying up a few wires to the alternator I've concentrated on the suspension.

The Plus 2 suspension is stripped and I will have all the bits to start rebuilding, after I have collected the wishbones from the powder coaters today.

Are you planning to sprint the Caterham this year? I will tax mine in the spring & advertise it, but happy to keep it if there is no interest.

Tony
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:49 am

Hmmm...not sure, really. Got a rolling road session booked at Emerald in early march followed by corner weighting/suspension setup with another competitor friend and a test session at Curborough on 18th March. I ll decide after that.
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: