New member from Denmark

PostPost by: LarsD » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:17 am

Hi everybody
I have been member before when I last time searched an Elan. Now I once again have saved money enough to fulfill a lifelong dream of being an Elan owner. Only problem is that the prices have doubled since last time. :?

I come from Denmark and is normally an Alfanut but after having tried a yellow Elan in Sweden a couple of weeks ago I am once again convinced that an Elan will give be most smiles per miles, a happy life and a happy wife.

Tomorrow I drive to Holland to examine a S3 and a S4 DHC both very nice. One with strombergs and one with webers. Is there anything special I should look out for on top of the normal 50 checkpoints on an Elan?

Hopefully I will soon be able to post under a topic called - "my new Elan"

On the other hand if any of you have knowledge of a nice LHD drophead Elan for sale let me know before I spend all my pension money on Dutch ground.

Kind regards from lars
LarsD
New-tral

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:53 am

hello lars and welcome to the forum. :)

before I bought my elan last year, I asked for advice on this forum and was highly impressed by the response. very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable guys on here [not me!! I know very little!]

what I looked for ....well [enthusiast] maintained, good history, mechanically sound, and I wanted a dhc.

if you have your eye on any particular car, you can always post pics and details on here, and you will likely get honest and worthwhile opinions [not always in agreement!!]

good luck with the search

:D fred
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: LDi » Wed May 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks Fred

I have now my new Elan parked in my garage. Its a S3 SE DHC from 1966 in carmen red (I guess) Monday it will hopefully go through an inspection so I can get licence plates on and drive out into the country.

Every evening I sit in the car in my garage just to see, feel, touch, hear and smell the car. I guess a lot of questions will pop up in the coming time, so I hope some of you will serve as hotline or knowledge backup.
LDi
New-tral

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 am

congratulations lars!

how about some pics somtime....!

does it need any work? must admit I like red, and one day I will have my sprint spec S4 painted in gold leaf colours....... :lol:

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: LDi » Sun May 18, 2014 9:14 am

So my new Elan has now arrived and awaiting registration approval which is kind of time consuming process here in Denmark. Yesterday it received a well deserved wash and polish.

/Lars
Attachments
Emma1.jpg and
LDi
New-tral

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sun May 18, 2014 9:53 am

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum and a beautiful looking car.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Sun May 18, 2014 3:21 pm

lovely!!!!

[not sure about the spotlamps though? don't think I've seen them on an elan before......]

just my opinion of course!!!

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: