Lotus revisited!

PostPost by: Tournesol » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi Andrew,

I saw it advertized and it looks a lot better color on your pictures than on the add itself. Congrats and happy driving!!
Tournesol
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: vlc584g » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Mike - its Bahama Yellow - but it really is more orange than yellow.
Tournesol - the advertisement really didn't do the car justice! - I was just glad that i travelled down to Abingdon to see the 130/5 and this was only 50 miles away!

Did 210 miles home on Wednesday and didn't miss a beat. Has only had 4 owners, one had it nearly forty years. Loads of history/bills/mots/parts
Has galvanised chassis, sensible upgrades, engine rebuild 12 months ago etc etc.and the previous owner was a real enthusiast,
Been out for a spin this afternoon in the glorious Ribble Valley with my other half and the dog - brilliant weather, Quality.

Still smiling
Andrew.
vlc584g
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Tournesol » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:16 pm

sounds like you got a really good example here Andrew. enjoy!!!!! (jealous.....)
Tournesol
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Looks very nice.

Looks like it has the full Cliveyboy set up on it, Thermosat housing, Radiator and single fan set-up. A good sign the car has been with someone who knows what they were doing.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vlc584g » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 am

mbell wrote:Looks very nice.

Looks like it has the full Cliveyboy set up on it, Thermosat housing, Radiator and single fan set-up. A good sign the car has been with someone who knows what they were doing.

Thanks,
It is the full set! including silicone hoses.
The good thing for me is that he kept all the original items which are in good condition anyway, even kept the pistons/rings/valves which came out prior to rebuild!
Theres also loads of spares including front cover and water pump/vac unit/spinners/trunnions/carb rebuild kits/hoses/exhaust manifold etc.
vlc584g
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: