LOTUS ELAN S2 RHD

PostPost by: ROADRUNNER » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:59 am

I'm finally on the road with my S2 Elan, having re-imported it back to it's birthplace earlier this year.

It is body 4310, and was originally delivered to well known historic racer Willie Green's Father.

I had some terrific pleasure out of the car this Summer (including winning 'People's Choice' at Salon Prive - pic attached), but the plan is now to do some fettling and minor improvements over the Winter, including an upgrade to big valves and Sprint cams.

I've had a good number of old cars over the years, but few have matched this for sheer 'personality' and pleasure. I can't wait for next Spring already !

I've attached a couple of pics, one from the States before it left, and one taken on arrival. I'm a car photographer by trade (http://www.fluidimages.co.uk), so apologise for the quality of the IPhone shots - more and better to follow !
Attachments
IMG_2307.jpg and
$_57.jpg and
IMG_2340.jpg and
ROADRUNNER
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:28 am

Welcome & hello.

You have a very beautiful ?lan there & white is one of the very best colours for Elans (IMHO).

Very, very nice website too.

More ?lan pics soon please!

All the best

Adam
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 am

Well done Tim. I did not know that Lotus was of a sufficient elegance to be admitted to Salon Prive!

When you say your car is 'body 4310', do you mean Unit No? It looks very good and I look forward to seeing more of your splendid photos, which I enjoy on SCD.

Incidentally, is this your shot of your car? If so, one of my favourites of an Elan.

Tim
Attachments
Overhead S2 - Copy.jpg and
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: LotusArchives » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:28 pm

trw99 wrote:Well done Tim. I did not know that Lotus was of a sufficient elegance to be admitted to Salon Prive!

When you say your car is 'body 4310', do you mean Unit No? It looks very good and I look forward to seeing more of your splendid photos, which I enjoy on SCD.

Incidentally, is this your shot of your car? If so, one of my favourites of an Elan.

Tim

Tim, if this is the car I think it is, he means body number, and simply protecting the VIN from internet stalkers. :D

Andy (Lotus Archives)
LotusArchives
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: