Hello from SE London

PostPost by: martiansunrise » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm

Hello all,

New member here.

Looking to swat up on the joy and the pain of Lotus ownership.

I have experience with MGBs and am currently completing a ground up build of an FIA racer with an Uncle who is a Lotus nut.

I managed to talk him into letting me take one of his Elans for a blast and I am now looking to join the gang with a S4 SE DHC that needs paint, but has a renovated and uprated chassis and the running gear sorted.

I will be looking to do as much as possible myself - I don't have any experience with GRP cars, so I'll be learning as I go along.

Looking forward to it!

Richie...
martiansunrise
New-tral

PostPost by: The Veg » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:22 am

Welcome Richie! You're gonna love it! Please show us some pictures of your car.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 am

Bought my first car in South London Richie, a Sprint of course, from Welling Sports Cars. Probably a block of flats now. Enjoy your Lotus stewardship and welcome to the Board.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:25 pm

My S4SE DHC was bought in Thornton Heath and was a regular commuter from Bromley to the City in the late 80's
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: martiansunrise » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

I'll get some pics up soon.

The car is yellow at the moment. There are the inevitable decisions to be made about the colour, but i am presently trying to organise everything (in my head and in the garage!) and work out what I need to read up on.

I am fortunate that my partner in crime knows these little cars inside out and has a proper Aladdin's Cave of bits, should there be anything missing.

I'd like to try and make a trolley for the shell that can slide over the chassis, yet be slender enough to roll out of the garage without whacking anything, for the invevitable 1000 years of sanding.

stay tuned!
martiansunrise
New-tral

Total Online: